Hill's® Prescription Diet® k/d® Canine
The kidneys filter waste and toxins from the blood and maintain the normal balance of fluid and minerals within the body. As pets age, damage to kidney tissues may occur. This process is irreversible and leads to loss of kidney function. Dogs with decreased kidney function may experience loss of appetite and their food intake might decline, which may lead to loss of muscle mass.
Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians developed Prescription Diet® k/d® clinical nutrition to support your dog's kidney function and help sustain muscle mass. In fact, the nutrition of k/d is clinically tested nutrition to improve & lengthen quality of life.
How It Works:
- Controlled phosphorus & low sodium
- High level of essential amino acids - The building blocks of muscle protein
- Therapeutic levels of L-Carnitine and Omega-3 fatty acids
How It Helps:
- Protects vital kidney & heart function
- Boosts vitality & energy
- Supports your dog's natural ability to build lean muscle daily
- S+OXSHIELDTM: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
Hill's® Prescription Diet® k/d® Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your dog needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
How to adjust feeding amounts to maintain optimal weight.
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results & safety practices:
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion.
- Reinforce with clients to feed Prescription Diet dry food, canned food, & treats exclusively.
- Gradually transition to the new food over a 7 day period.
- Avoid transitioning to the new food during periods of illness or hospitalization. A food aversion may develop, causing decreased acceptance of the food when the pet is feeling better.
- To increase compliance with the nutrition: Offer different varieties of flavors & textures from Hill’s® Prescription Diet® k/d® such as Hill’s® Prescription Diet® k/d® stews or Hill’s® Prescription Diet® k/d® dry food.
Adult maintenance - using 13 oz (370 g) can
Weight of Dog - lb (kg) Amount per Day 5 lb (2,3 kg) 1/2 can 10 lb (4,5 kg) 3/4 can 15 lb (6,8 kg) 1 cans 20 lb (9,1 kg) 1 1/3 cans 30 lb (14 kg) 2 cans 40 lb (18 kg) 2 1/3 cans 50 lb (23 kg) 2 3/4 cans 60 lb (27 kg) 3 1/4 cans 70 lb (32 kg) 3 1/2 cans 80 lb (36 kg) 4 cans 100 lb (45 kg) 4 2/3 cans 120 lb (54 kg) 5 1/3 cans
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Hill's® Prescription Diet® k/d® Canine provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult dogs.
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
Water, Pork Liver, Corn Starch, Chicken, Chicken Fat, Dextrose, Flaxseed, Dried Beet Pulp, Chicken Liver Flavor, Fish Oil, Powdered Cellulose, Calcium Carbonate, L-Lysine, Potassium Citrate, Potassium Chloride, DL-Methionine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate), vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Riboflavin Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Choline Chloride, Iodized Salt, Magnesium Oxide, L-Threonine, Taurine, L-Carnitine, L-Tryptophan, Beta-Carotene.
Balanced nutrition that exceeds AAFCO nutrition standards.
422 kcal / 13 oz (370 g) can
Nutrient Dry Matter1
Protein 16.0 Fat 26.0 Crude Fiber 3.5 Carbohydrate / NFE 48.7 Calcium 0.81 Phosphorous 0.28 Sodium 0.20 Potassium 0.90 Magnesium 0.150 Carnitine 748.6 ppm Vitamin C 103 ppm Vitamin E 934 IU/kg DHA 0.279 EPA 0.300 Total Omega-3 FA 2.59 Total Omega-6 FA 4.09
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.