Roll over image to zoom in
Hill's® Prescription Diet® k/d® Canine Chicken & Vegetable Stew
OR YOUR MONEY BACK
If you are unsatisfied for any reason, return the unused portion to the place of purchase for a full refund or replacement
The kidneys filter waste and toxins from the blood and maintain the normal balance of fluid and minerals within the body. As pets age, damage to kidney tissues may occur. This process is irreversible and leads to loss of kidney function. Dogs with decreased kidney function may experience loss of appetite and their food intake might decline, which may lead to loss of muscle mass.
Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians developed Prescription Diet® k/d® clinical nutrition to support your dog's kidney function and help sustain muscle mass. In fact, the nutrition of k/d is clinically tested nutrition to improve & lengthen quality of life.
How it works:
- Controlled phosphorus & low sodium
- High level of essential amino acids - The building blocks of muscle protein
- Therapeutic levels of L-Carnitine and Omega-3 fatty acids
How it helps:
- Protects vital kidney & heart function
- Boosts vitality & energy
- Supports your dog's natural ability to build lean muscle daily
- S+OXSHIELDTM: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
Hill's® Prescription Diet® k/d® Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your dog needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Proud to have helped
11 million shelter pets
find a forever home & counting
INGREDIENTS: Water, Chicken, Carrots, Rice, Chicken Fat, Pork Liver, Rice Starch, Dextrose, Green Peas, Sugar, Egg Whites, Dried Beet Pulp, Flaxseed, Fish Oil, Chicken Liver Flavor, Powdered Cellulose, Potassium Alginate, Calcium Lactate, Calcium Gluconate, Natural Flavor, Choline Chloride, Potassium Citrate, L-Lysine, Brewers Dried Yeast, Guar Gum, Calcium Chloride, Dicalcium Phosphate, L-Threonine, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Thiamine Mononitrate, Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K), Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Taurine, Magnesium Oxide, Monosodium Phosphate, minerals (Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Carnitine, L-Tryptophan, L-Arginine, Calcium Carbonate, Beta-Carotene.
|Body weight (kg)||Cans 354g|
|50 +||1 per 10 kg|
|MIXED FEEDING GUIDE|
|Body weight (kg)||Cans 354g||Dry grams|
|50 +||2||+||7 per kg|
Prescription Diet™ k/d™ Canine Stew is a complete dietetic pet food for the support of renal function in cases of chronic or temporary renal insufficiency in adult dogs. This dietetic pet food has a low level of phosphorus and a restricted level of protein of high quality.
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results & safety practices:
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion.
- Reinforce with clients to feed Prescription Diet dry food, canned food, & treats exclusively.
- Gradually transition to the new food over a 7 day period.
- Avoid transitioning to the new food during periods of illness or hospitalization. A food aversion may develop, causing decreased acceptance of the food when the pet is feeling better.
- To increase compliance with the nutrition: Offer different varieties of flavors & textures from Hill’s® Prescription Diet® k/d® such as Hill’s® Prescription Diet® k/d® stews or Hill’s® Prescription Diet® k/d® dry food.
358 kcal / 12.5 oz (354 g) can
|Carbohydrate / NFE||52.2|
|Vitamin C||130 ppm|
|Vitamin E||518 IU/kg|
|Total Omega-3 FA||1.64|
|Total Omega-6 FA||3.76|
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.