Hill's® Prescription Diet® k/d® + Mobility Canine Chicken & Vegetable Stew
Chronic kidney disease (CKD) is a condition often associated with advanced age. According to recent data, 1 out of 10 dogs will develop CKD in their lifetime. It is also common for senior dogs to develop other age-related conditions such as reduced mobility or cognitive decline, which can significantly impact the quality of life of both the pet and the pet parent. Studies have shown that 80% of dogs greater than 8 years of age suffer from degenerative joint disease (DJD). Other data shows that 50% of dogs over 11 years of age display at least one sign of cognitive decline.
Nutrition can play a key role in managing these age-related conditions. That is why Hill’s nutritionists and veterinarians developed new Prescription Diet® k/d®+Mobility for dogs. The nutrition of k/d+Mobility is formulated to protect vital kidney function, improve mobility, and increase alertness and vitality in older dogs. In fact, the nutrition of k/d is clinically tested to improve & lengthen quality of life.
How It Works:
- Controlled phosphorus & low sodium
- High level of essential amino acids for building muscle protein
- Therapeutic levels of omega-3 fatty acids (EPA/ DHA) to improve joint function
- Enriched with glucosamine & chondroitin sulfate
- Clinically proven antioxidants
How It Helps:
- Protects vital kidney & heart function
- Formulated to improve your dog’s ability to run, walk and jump in as little as 21 days
- Supports your dog's natural ability to build lean muscle daily
- Formulated to increase vitality & alertness in older dogs
- S+OXSHIELDTM: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
Hill's® Prescription Diet® k/d®+ Mobility Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your dog needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
How to adjust feeding amounts to maintain optimal weight.
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results & safety practices:
- Gradually transition to your pet's new food over a 7 day period.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry food, canned food & treats.
- Keep fresh water available at all times.
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition.
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion of the can.
Body weight (kg) Cans 354g 2.5 2/3 5 1 10 1 3/4 20 3 30 4 40 5 50 + 1 per 10 kg
Mixed Feeding Guide
MIXED FEEDING GUIDE Body weight (kg) Cans 354g Dry grams 2.5 1/2 + 10 5 1/2 + 50 10 1 + 70 20 1 + 180 30 2 + 185 40 2 + 270 50 + 2 + 7 per kg
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Hill's® Prescription Diet® k/d® + Mobility Canine Chicken & Vegetable Stew provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult dogs.
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
Water, Chicken, Carrots, Rice, Pork Liver, Rice Starch, Green Peas, Flaxseed, Dextrose, Fish Oil, Chicken Liver Flavor, Soybean Oil, Sugar, Egg Whites, Powdered Cellulose, Chicken Fat, Potassium Alginate, Calcium Lactate, Calcium Gluconate, Potassium Citrate, Guar Gum, Lipoic Acid, L-Lysine, Choline Chloride, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Thiamine Mononitrate, Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Riboflavin Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), L-Threonine, Calcium Chloride, Dicalcium Phosphate, L-Tryptophan, Taurine, Sodium Tripolyphosphate, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Calcium Iodate), L-Carnitine, Magnesium Oxide, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Chondroitin Sulfate, Calcium Carbonate.
Balanced nutrition that exceeds AAFCO nutrition standards.
352 kcal / 12.5 oz (354 g) can
Nutrient Dry Matter1
Protein 15.9 Fat 24.7 Crude Fiber 3.8 Carbohydrate / NFE 51.4 Calcium 0.76 Phosphorous 0.32 Sodium 0.18 Potassium 0.96 Magnesium 0.089 Vitamin C 115 ppm Vitamin E 979 IU/kg DHA 0.879 EPA 0.976 Total Omega-3 FA 4.49 Total Omega-6 FA 4.45
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.